Wednesday, June 22, 2011

purrs and purrayers needed -- UPDATED

Hi fellow cats -- Kit here.

We got loaded into the PTUs this morning.  We put up a good fight, but it was to no avail.  We went in the car and it was as I feared -- we were going to the v-e-t.  The tech came out and, one at a time, took us back and microchipped us and clipped our claws.  The microchip hurt!  The tech nice, though.  It only hurt for a moment.  The problem came when she weighed us.  I had lost "a significant amount of weight."  Now, I am a skinny cat to begin with.  I can't afford to lose any more weight.  So, they are concerned.  Mom is REALLY concerned.  In fact, she is just plain scared.  They want to see me again this afternoon at 3:00 for a full checkup and bloodwork.  Cats, could you please purr for me?  I will update you later.  Thanks!

UPDATE:

Kit here.  Well, she got me into the PTU again and back to the v-e-t.  I howled all the way there and shook the walls of the PTU trying to get out!  When we got there, they took me away from my mom to steal my blood and pee.  They did my senior wellness exam at the same time, without my mom there, because I was getting so upset from having my blood and pee stolen they didn't want to waste any time getting me back to the room where my mom was waiting for me.  One time when I was there I tried to bite a tech who was giving me a bath -- I guess they weren't taking any chances!  I have gingivitis and tartar.  Mom is going to get my teeth cleaned, yuck.  The vet doesn't think that's the problem, though, because I can still eat fine.

The vet asked about my appetite.  I have always been a very good eater -- I eat a lot, actually -- but my appetite has been a little off lately.  I am a chronic vomiter, too.  The vet didn't feel any masses in my belly.  Mom told on me -- I have a habit of eating plastic.  She tries to keep all the plastic away from me, but sometimes she forgets or isn't fast enough and I chomp down.  She was worried that it might be in my belly, but the vet didn't feel anything there.  My blood and pee came back okay, but my thyroid test won't be back until tomorrow.  If that comes back okay, the next step is an ultrasound.  The vet said some words like "inflammatory bowel disease" and "cancer."  I don't know what those things are, but my mom's eyes got leaky when she heard them.

Thanks to efurryone for your purrs and purrayers.  My mom is hoping it is my thyroid and not something more serious.  I am just worried that I will have to take pills!  I know my mom and the nice lady vet will take good care of me.

27 comments:

Daisy said...

Oh noes! I am purring your blood passes all of the tests!

Danielle said...

Uh oh! We will definitely keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Purrs to you Kit! That is worrisome but I am glad they will be on top of it soon.

A few Good Cats said...

We will also be purring for Kit and her tests today. Has Kit been eating normally as far as you could tell?

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Purrs and more purrs for you pretty Athena. We hopes everything comes out ok! Keep us updated.

Zeroichi said...

oh no! This is scary. I hope you pass all your blood tests, and that the vet only prescribes lots of yummy fatty snacks.

Meowers from Missouri said...

oh, noes! not the PTUs!! we's sorry you hafta go through that. an' of cawse we will purr an' purrray fur you, kit!! we hopes that yer bloods all test at the top of the class. please keep us posted!

--yer furriends,
ed, nitro, xing, an' iggy

Selina said...

Athena, I am purring very hard for you! So is MomKatt. Losing weight is usually good for hoomans but not always good for kitties ... keep us posted!

PURRS and PotP to you sweet thing!

PURRS!
Selina

The Whiskeratti said...

Vets can be scary places, but we know they will be very helpful in getting you diagnosed and treated. We're sending our best purrayers over your way... keep us posted!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I am purring lots for you, Kit! For us skinny cats, losing weight is not a good thing!! Please keep us posted.

Katnip Lounge said...

Kit, you have 13 large purrs coming your way! We hope all your bloods are good and you just need to eat MORE.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We are sending loud, loud purrs that there won't be any bad words coming from the vet, and that you'll feel a lot better soon.,

Ivan from WMD said...

Kit, I really hope that it's because you're a slender guy and there's nothing wrong. You gotta remember, trips to the vet are all fine and good until somebody winds up crying.

Please take care!

Mr Puddy said...

Athena, I do purrs so hard for you and paws crossed for good results !
Hugs to you and mommy
xoxo

Willow said...

Kit I rubbing against the monitor with healing purrs that the the tests results do not have any of those sad words. PURRRRRRS. PURRRRS. Willow

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Oh dear sweet Kit, we pray that all will be ok...I am concerned about the plastic. The plastic more than likely wouldn't show up on an Xray. Cody eats plastic (or tries to) as well and it makes me crazy. There is no plastic that is safe in our home from his kitty teeth!
We are sending you purrs and prayers that all will be ok

Shawn said...

Kit,
Wees sending you purrs, prayers and tail wags. Tell you Mom wees sending dem hew way too!

Keep us on you updated list. Taking a pill evewyday wouldn't bee so bad!

Chloe, Cecil and Winston too

The Island Cats said...

Oh Kit. We hope that if there is something ailing you, it is treatable and you will feel better soon. We are purring very hard for you.

Unknown said...

oh dear!
Yous will be in my purrayers. Me hopes that iy is noyhing too serious.
Kisses
Nellie

Gigi said...

Aw, Kit, we are both purring for you, even though I am much better at purring than the Human.

Your Mommeh will always take the very very best care of you, don't you worry, sweet kitty!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

I know whatya mean about chewin stuff. I dont eat plastic, but I love ta eat cardboard. Egg containers are best cuz their fluffy, but I rip boxes apart too. I dont eat (much). LC used ta eat small pom-poms an that dint werk out too good fer her.

So I hope ya feelin better! We are purrin fer ya!

Iza

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Sending lots and lots of purrs for you guys!

Frostin said...

We're all purring and purraying for you Kit.

Hannah and Lucy said...

Athena we are purraying for you and purring our bestest purrs that your bloods are good. Please don't eat any plastic it's not good for you.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

The Whiskeratti said...

We know how hard this is. We hope you get a better report at the end of it all.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Kit
I started my purr motor up as soon as I saw you had to go back to the Vet for tests. WE will keep you in our strongest purrs and we know that your are in good hands with your Mom and your Vet.

{{hugs}}}

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Us kitties are purraying and our mama is praying for you, darlin'.

xxxxxx