Tuesday, June 21, 2011

good news and bad news

Well, kitties, I haf good news and bad news.  Let's start wif the good news!  The gang at Crew's Views gave me the Kreative Blogger Award!  That means I get to tell you five things about myself.



Here goes!

1.  Athena is the name the people at the shelter gave me.  My mama liked it, so she kept it.
2.  I love, love, love Temptations.  I gobble mine up and mama has to hold me back or I'll eat up Kit's too!
3.  My favorite toys are bouncy foam balls.  I could chase them all day!
4.  My mama doesn't want me to tell you this, but last summer I had an awful case of fleas.  It was terrible!
5.  When they shaved me for my ladygardenectomy, my furs didn't grow back.  I haf a bald patch!  It's embarrassing.

Now I get to pick three bloggers to pass the award to!  Let's see, I will pick WillowEmma and Buster, and Selina.

Now, here's the bad news.  Kit gotted out this morning and runned under the bush again.  He comed back when mama called and whistled for him, but mama gotted upset.  She said, that's it.  When she comed home from work, she hadded something for us -- collars wif our names and phone number on them!  At least she tooked off the bells.  Mine is pink.  I don't like it!  And, kitties, she tooked out the PTUs.  They are sitting in the living room.  I am scared!

19 comments:

Zeroichi said...

Congratulations on the award!!! I'm sorry you have to wear a collar now. I hate them too. I think you deserve to eat all of Kit's Temptations for the next three weeks.

Mickey's Musings said...

Congrats on the award!!!! We loved learning those things about you too. We like Athena as a name to :)
Kit is a naughty kitty!!! Boys are so silly . WE also want to know what the PTUs are for:O We would be scared too!!
Purrs Tillie and Georgia

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Athena
We think your name is so exotic and beautiful. We loved learning those things about you...oh Kit uh oh the kitty poo hit the fan.What are the PTU's out for?

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥

Athena said...

Update - Kit has already gotten his collar off. Mama says she is at her wit's end.

Ivan from WMD said...

Fun facts, Athena! And about the troll boxes? HIDE!!!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Congrats on the nice award, and it was nice learning more about you. Oh my, the PTUs? That's not good!!!

The Whiskeratti said...

Uh oh..... keep us posted.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Congrats on your award. I am a bit worried about the ptu thing though...

Shawn said...

Concatulations on you Awawd! Wees weaw collaws..winestones spell ouws names, vewy pwetty!
When the PTU's comed out itz never a good ting!

Chloe, Cecil and Winston

Chloeandcecil.blogspot.com

Willow said...

I had refused to wear a collar that my Mom got me. She gave up on putting it on since I stay at home. Kit might need a microchip this way he can be identified Athena thanks for the award I will post it on Saturday on my Gotcha Day. Purrs Willow

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Congrats on the award! The dreaded PTU. This can't be good. Maybe if Kit is on his bestest behavior, they'll put them away. Good luck. Keep us posted. Purrs.

The Island Cats said...

Congrats on your award, Athena!! And y'know...wearing collars with your names on them isn't so bad...we wear collars with name tags too!!

Mr Puddy said...

Congrats on the award!!!! You deserved it, Athena..Good to know more about you.

About the collar, I'm in the same situation, So I can't complain !
xoxo

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Concatulations on the award, Athena! If the PTUs are out, does that mean you are going to be microchipped on top of having to wear collars?

Gigi said...

Oh noes! Not the PTUs!! Do you think she's going to just lock you up in them so you can't ever escape anymore??

Frostin said...

The last collars we had made bald spots on our necks. Bob noticed the spot on Queen Munchkin's neck when he was trying to put the collar back on her and told her she didn't have to where it any more. Then he checked the rest of our necks and wound out removing all of our collars. That was a couple of years ago, and we have not worn collars since.

As for the PTU, Bob and Monika both think I am funny because if they put a PTU on the floor with the door open, I will get in and go to sleep in there.

Hannah and Lucy said...

oh no - not the PTU's - quick run and hide. We're sorry you have to wear collars - we hope they won't have bells on.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Selina said...

Hey thanks for the gift! I'll set mine up right away!

PURRS!
Selina

The Crew said...

FLEAS!! Oh no. Mom would go crazy if she found a flea on us.

We all wear collars with ID tags on them 'cause Mom is paranoid about us getting out. Mine is pink and my sister Tipper's is purple.

Your friend
Misty